In order to provide its customers with the highest level of service, Desert iNET has adopted this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This Policy outlines acceptable use of the Service and is in addition to any other agreements in effect for the Service(s) customer has subscribed to.
Failure to comply with this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your Service. If you do not agree to comply with this AUP, you must immediately stop use of the Service and notify Desert iNET, Inc. so that your account may be closed.
Desert iNET reserves the right to make use of various technologies to prevent violation of any or all of this AUP.
Desert iNet reserves the right to deny service to any individual or organization which, in Desert iNET's opinion, intends to use the service in a manner that would violate this AUP.
Prohibited uses include using the Service and/or Equipment to:
- Share files via Peer to Peer (P2P) networks. This includes, but is not limited to eMule, eDonkey, Kazaa, BitTorrent, Grokster, Gnutella and PeerCast. The transfer of any copyrighted materials will result in immediate termination.
- Transmit or receive amounts of data exceeding what is typically considered reasonable for the Service, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge. Excessive data transfer will result in restricted bandwidth.
- Undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal or international law, order or regulation.
- Restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to use or enjoy the Service, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others' ability to send or retrieve information.
- Resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the premises the ability to use the Service (i.e. Wi-Fi, or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, or on a bundled or unbundled basis.
- Transmit bulk messages, commercial messages or "spam." This includes, but is not limited to, solicited or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.